This is an old dress that I have had for a while. It belonged to me great aunt. I have decided to upcycle to piece to create my own version of this impressive garment. I love the detailed work with the beads and sequins. I want to make these more prominent. I have started work with this piece. The first change I wanted to make was cut out the lining. I also decided to cut out the shoulder pads and cut off the sleeves. Unfortunately the dress was a bit tight on my hips so i decided to have the split in the dress bigger. I aim to create an overdress from this dress. I want to get a black slip to go underneath. I will soon post photos to show my progress. My next step is to re-enforce all the beads and sequins as I’ve been finding that some have been falling off as I’ve been working with the dress.